Welcome back to part 2! We’ve covered how to prepare for MLM Shutdowns by starting with a good foundation for your network marketing business. Now we are going to talk about what the shutdowns are and how to push through them to success.
Let’s jump right in!
Your Warm Market List shuts you down. The warm market list usually consists of our friends and family. How do you respond and react when they aren’t interested? Or worse, how do you feel and react when they are negative about your new business endeavour and the worst, laugh at you? For some new distributors, this first “shutdown” could stop them before they even really get started. Darren Hardy calls this a landmine in his cd series Making The Shift . He also explains why this happens – why our friends and family would act negatively. But if you are aware of this “landmine” and are working on your strong foundation, then you will be ready and not let your warm market list shut you down. At first you may feel like they are rejecting YOU, but they really aren’t. They are just rejecting the opportunity. You will be able to act like a duck and let their rejection just roll right off your back! You will then say, “Next”!
The new distributor on your team who shuts down before he even gets started can be a real downer tempting you to shut down too. Shutdowns can be a domino effect if we aren’t careful and on our guard. What do you do? You go out and find more! Always keep adding new business builders to your team.
The duplication on your team shutsdown. Do you know why this can happen? There could be several reasons but 2 are:
- You may have become a “helicopter” leader, hoovering over your team, getting into management mode. Remember, there are no bosses in this business. Each of us owns our own business. Instead of trying to manage, encourage and inspire and lead by example!
- You spend too much time studying your back office to see who is doing anything.
So what should you do when duplication slows down or stops? First of all, be grateful for what you have and who you have on your team. Show them you appreciate them! Stop focusing on what others “should” be doing. Get back to work. Sponsor and train new leaders. As your team sees you working and sponsoring, they will follow.
Personal challenges can be a major cause for shutdown. Maybe you have a spouse that just doesn’t get it and is not very supportive of your mlm business. Maybe you are helping care for an ailing parent or you have a special needs child like me. There could be any number of personal challenges to keep us from staying focused in our business.
Keys to Success
To help get you back on track, follow these simple keys:
- Get back into action. You won’t have time to focus on these shutdowns!
- Get back to your why and your goals.
- Stay consistent with your Personal Development plan every day.
- Always put a positive spin on things. We can learn something positive in every situation.
- Develop your leadership skills.
- Strengthen your mlm mindset and belief.
- Stay close to the fire. Stay connected to your company and upline through events and conference calls.
- Make today count! See each day as the first day in your business!
Sometimes the first step to victory is understanding what could cause shutdowns. I hope these thoughts will inspire you to press on to freedom and and success in your network marketing business!
I would love to hear your comments! And if you are at a fork in the road and are looking for someone to partner up with and would like to join a fast growing and vibrant team, I would encourage you to go to Work With Dayna and get in touch with me!
To your success!
The Inspired Networker!