I recently won the incentive cruise in my company! I’m so excited! Not only did I win the trip, but it also helped me promote to the next level! As I reviewed how I did it, I kept coming back to the concept of “The Bursting Pipeline. This seemed like a perfect time to talk about the value of keeping your pipeline full. What is a full pipeline? In some ways, it seems obvious, but maybe it isn’t. A full pipeline in your Network Marketing business is when you are focused on your daily activities that YOU can control to build your business – meeting new people, prospecting, presenting, following up, and staying in touch until they are ready to join you. Here are a few points I thought of:
1. When your pipeline is full, there are several people on the brink of being ready to join. Sometimes even expressing to those who are in the pipeline that you are working toward winning a trip can be the very tipping point to decide to join you.
2. You don’t put all your eggs in one basket. If you only have a few people in your pipeline, you tend to focus on those few people to “get in”. Doing this may inadvertently be putting pressure on the one or two who are in your pipeline, causing the opposite effect. It may push them away!
3. When an incentive comes around that you really want to work for , you have the confidence that you can do it. Confidence and a positive attitude is attractive. When there aren’t many people in the pipeline we tend to doubt ourselves and our ability to do this business which will make us seem desperate or controlling, not at all attractive!
4. It helps free you up to only look for the Now people. Latch on to this concept. Look for those who are ready to sign up and keep moving. If someone isn’t ready, don’t hang all your hopes on them. Keep moving.
5. When an incentive comes around that you really want to work for , you have the confidence that you can do it, making it easier and so much more fun!
7. A full pipeline helps you to narrow your focus especially during contest time.
8. Staying connected to the leaders and their conference calls helps you to stay motivated and excited about the business, thus, keeping you doing something every day to build your business and your pipeline.
9. Above all, appreciate those in your pipeline and nurture your relationship with them. Personal notes are so important! Notes help them to know that your really value them as a person and not just see them as a signup.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list! I would love to hear your thoughts on the value of the Bursting Pipeline!
To your success!