What’s all the buzz? I’ve heard this term used a lot lately in the field of business on the internet. I’m going to break it down for you and hopefully give you a clear picture of what it is and how it is The best way to do business of any kind, anywhere.
First let’s define our terms.
Attraction – to arouse interest or curiosity. Also think of a magnet with a strong pull.
Marketing – “Marketing includes identifying unmet needs; producing products and services to meet those needs: and pricing, distributing, and promoting those products and services to produce a profit.” (from Learn That website)
Relationships before Business
So what is Attraction Marketing? Basically, it is attracting people to You who are interested in what you have to offer. They find You. It is a switch from the old, conventional method of “chasing”, to allowing the prospective customer to come to you. It happens by attracting a growing number of people to you who are looking for what you have. By putting out lots of valuable information on the web, they find it. They get to know you, like you, and trust you. It’s the whole idea of giving something before you expect to receive anything. This creates trust and builds relationships.
How is this Done?
1. First, you reach out to build relationships, not make a sales pitch, in many places on the internet. You do this by getting to know people on social sites who are in the specific groups that are interested in what you have to offer.
2. Give first. Provide valuable information on a specific topic. This is your target group or niche. This can be done by way of articles placed in strategic places, by writing a blog or website for example.
3. They contact you or give you permission to contact them by giving you their contact information. When this happens, you have “attracted” them and they are initiating the contact. They have pre-sold themselves on You and what you are offering because of the good, free information you have given them.
What Attraction Marketing Isn’t and What Attraction Marketing Is
Here’s what it isn’t:
• being pushy
• persuading and convincing
• bribing or bugging
• pitching your product
Here’s what it is:
• making a friend
• identifying with their frustrations
• sharing your knowledge
• advising and educating
• solving their problem
Attraction Marketing is great for network marketing. Approaching your business with this mindset will help you create a profitable and successful business.
What is your attitude? Your attitude is also what will attract or repel others. It’s not only being knowledgeable but also being a giver.
As Bob Burg and John David Mann say in their book, The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea , “Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.”
Attraction marketing is the most natural and enjoyable way to grow a business. Yes, it takes work but then, anything that’s worth anything takes work!
I hope I’ve given you food for thought. To gain a better understanding of Attraction Marketing you can do what I did. For free you can get The Attraction Marketer’s Manifesto and learn much more about this important concept. This information was extremely helpful for me when I first got started. Take these words to heart as you embark on your internet business and you won’t ever regret it!